Saturday 12 March 2016

Why I Love Online Books?



Thirteen years ago I received a letter by post. The letter sent by someone named Savita Gupta, a student of BA second year congratulated me ( I was in standard 11 then), on my story which was published in an Hindi Daily published from West Bengal, ‘Sanmarg’.
The writer of that letter found my story very inspiring.
Today, I don’t have the copy of that newspaper as I was out of town when it was published and as I never anticipated that the story will be published, I did not bother to be cautious about getting the newspaper. Today I don’t know where that letter is, the writer did not give her address or contact details, so I don’t know anything about her.  But what I have today is digital copy of that letter as I later published it on my blog. I think it has been immortalized and it will continue to inspire me, but it is only possible because of online media and online books.
But this is not the only reason, why I love the trend of online books.
The presence of so many platforms where one can publish their books online and also sell has opened the doors of immense opportunities for people who love expressing themselves in a creative way. Blogs are also a great example of this.
Moreover it saves a lot of time and the convenience in reading online books and easy options to buy books online, have added much to the readership especially among the new generation which has very little time and patience as well.
Not only in providing an option for the expressive people to write their heart out, the presence of online books has also increased our exposure. We come to know about lot and lot of books, it has basically made the reading community more democratic, everyone has access to millions and millions of books, which was not so, a decade ago.
As long as, it will lead to happy reading moments, I will continue to love online books.
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment