Saturday 19 March 2016

Reading and forgetting…



I was reading a book till late in the night and when I got up the next day, I had no idea of the lines, chapters and incidents which read in the book. It happens, with almost all of us.
We read books and often tend to forget. Actually what I have realized from my experiences that whenever we read books and we get involved with the book, it is our sub-conscious mind that starts working.
Look the book which I read last night and forgot its content in the morning, will be again in my memories if I flip few of its pages or incidents similar to those described in the book are repeated.
This I think happens due to our sub-conscious mind. Anyways, I have tried some tricks to ensure that I don’t forget the books which I read.
Firstly, before reading the book, read about the background of the places, peoples and incidents dealt with in the book. Don’t read reviews.
Then go ahead buy books online and read the book. Once you have read the book, write a review and then start reading reviews of the same book by other people.
Reading about the background of the incidents, places and people which are dealt with in the book, helps you connect with the book easily.
Then writing a review makes clear what have you interpreted from the book. And lastly reading review by others makes you understand those perspectives which you have missed while interpreting the book.
Caution: Please avoid reading the reviews before reading the book, as it can prejudice you. So, buy books online and read as much as you can without the fear of forgetting.
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment