Thursday 24 March 2016

Novel with the world’s best opening

Every writer has his own signature. Even if they don’t know the name of the writer and haven’t read that book, experienced readers can guess the name of the author by reading a chapter of book by understanding or interpreting the writing pattern.
And almost all the writers put in best of their efforts to give a very binding and special opening to their books.

What I am going to discuss now is the novel which I find to be having the best opening in the world. This is extremely personal opinion and there could be more better ones, but I definitely believe that if novels of the entire world are judged for their opening then, if not top this novel will be in the top 5, atleast.
I am talking about My Name Is Red by noble laureate Orhan Pamuk. The novel is written in a  special craft every chapter of the novel is auto-biographical. i.e in every chapter the characters themselves narrate the stories. One character in one chapter, the other in the other and the story goes on.
Anyways coming to the opening the book opens with the chapter, ‘I am a Corpse’ and a corpse decaying in a well starts the narration. “I am nothing but a corpse now, a body at the bottom of a well. Though I drew my last breath long ago and my heart has stopped beating, no one, apart from that vile murderer knows what’s happened to me. As for that wretch, he felt for my pulse and listened for my breath to be sure I was dead, then kicked me in the midriff, carried me to the edge of the well, raised me up and dropped me below.”
The entire novel is a beautiful but I die for its opening.  Anyway buy books online and enjoy reading.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment