Sunday 20 March 2016

Dreaming to dream…



I always wanted to taste till its last drop. Not only mine but even others and everyone around me.
And I am partially able to do that by being in my current profession of journalism. But, yes, I really envy the life of authors.
As it is rightly quoted by Anais Nin, ‘“We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect.”  I always wanted to taste it n number of times :).
Imagine, you have no boundaries, no limits, and no deadlines. You were just passing through a road and suddenly you notice a very beautiful place and you feel like staying there for a day—will you be able to do? No if I am a journalist, I have my deadlines, my commitments, yes, if I am an author. I will stop, and absorb life there.  
Stay for a day and move on, if I am satisfied. I know it’s not possible all the time, but the chances of being able to do this are more in case you are an author and not a journalist.
Reading books online in a remote corner of this world free from clamor waking up to the lazy son and writing my heart out. The issues, subjects and even the characters all mine own. I mean being an author you can create your own world, being a journalist we are limited to the world.
Will cite an example of such freedom which I always remember is from book, “Censoring An Iranian Love Story’ by Shahriar Mandanipour.
In the book there is a scene where the protagonists (both lovers) dial each other’s telephone after a long, time and suddenly. But both of them, dial each other’s number at the same time and get engaged tones. They keep the phone down, take a deep breath and dial again at the same time, again they get engaged tones. They keep the receiver down, take deep breaths, pause for a while and get themselves composed again and dial the number. But this time too, they dial at the same time and get engaged tones. The author, then intervenes saying that he is feeling pity on the lovers and will now make the Iranian telecom department do a fault and get their phones connected even if they dial at the same time.
Ha ha, what a freedom, a writer has in his world. The world which he creates.
With so many online bookstores, we are more into reading. We buy books online more than that we used to do a couple of years ago. But hardly we get a sneak peek into the consequences which gave birth to the stories which we are reading.
Give a chance I would like to exchange my life with the life of an author.
This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.



No comments:

Post a Comment